1. What is Velocity?
We are an independent, Oxford based courier company who specialise in zero and low carbon deliveries using environmentally friendly vehicles.
We aim to treat our clients, partners and general customers in the way that we hope to be treated – with care, respect and acceptance. This extends throughout all of our staff whether they are full time employees, part time workers or occasional staff who help us in busy periods.
2. How do we collect information from you?
We collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number when you subscribe to our mailing list or fill out a contact form.
3. How is your information used?
We use your information to:
• Process an order that you have made;
• Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us (e.g. send you details about your delivery, information about our partners that we deliver on behalf of);
• Notify you of changes to our services;
• Monitor how you use the website, and how you got to the website;
• Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
• Deal with entries into any competitions we run.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
4. Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. We may occasionally share anonymised score customisation data with academic institutions for research purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example if your delivery is going out of our area and being handed to a third party agent or partner ).
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
So you can easily 'Like' or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Instagram we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
5. Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such asMicrosoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
7. Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
8. 16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
9. Your rights
Under the General Data ProtectionRegulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data.
You have the right to:
1. Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
2. Access to your personal data
3. Rectification of your personal data
4. Have the personal data we hold on you erased
5. Restrict the processing of your personal data
6. Object to the processing of your personal data
7. Have your personal data transferred to another controller/processor